The client specializes in the electrical construction of large-scale commercial & industrial projects. It is the leading company in the field of electrical engineering in Greece and is currently growing internationally, with a primary focus in the United Kingdom.
The SPM, will be responsible for overseeing the payroll processes of the organization. The selected candidate will report to the Business Administrator and will also work very closely with the company’s outsourced accounting firm.
He/she will perform the following activities:
- Reviewing payroll data for accuracy, including processing payroll adjustments and resolving discrepancies
- Developing new policies and procedures for payroll administration
- Monitoring government regulations and changes in labor law which may affect payroll processes
- Implementing new payroll systems or updating existing systems to meet business needs
- Maintaining employee records such as tax documents and employee files
- Preparing reports on employee compensation costs, deductions, withholdings, benefits costs, and other relevant data
- Reviewing and approving time sheets to ensure that employees’ hours have been recorded accurately
- Managing the payroll process including the calculation of wages, deductions, and payment of employees’ wages
- Training employees on new payroll procedures to ensure compliance with company policies
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, and changes to pay rates.
- Represent the company responsibly & professionally in financial institutions, public sector offices, and international meetings needed to settle payroll and manpower related issues
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field required.
- Minimum 5 years successful experience in relative corporate environment
- Extremely proficient with payroll software and Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Extensive knowledge of payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, labor management & insurance issues
- Full understanding of Greek tax codes & regulations related to corporate accounting
- Maximum organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple competing tasks
- Critical thinking and analytical skills needed to apply best judgment
- Self-driven & the ability to make positive decisions on behalf of the company
- High level of ethics, integrity and reliability, so as to handle matters confidentiality and manage sensitive data and information
- Highly resourceful with the ability to work independently
- Excellent command of the English language (oral & written skills)
- Ability to perform under pressure and deliver results in a demanding and fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Bonuses directly dependent on performance
- Proactive and challenging work environment
All applications are considered as strictly confidential.